Typically women can take the same protein powders that men take but there are brands that differentiate the two, usually to target the women proteins toward weight loss. Finding the right protein powder for you takes trial and error. Whey concentrate is a good place to start since it is cheap and easy to use. We’ve compiled a list of 5 best protein powders for women to start you off.
The best protein powder for one person may not be the best for another even when you group by gender there are many different factors that weigh into what is best for your body. Typically, women are looking to build lean muscle but not necessarily bulk, as men do. Looking for a low sugar, low carb protein will help to add protein and not calories. There is usually one of two goals when taking protein supplements: to lose weight or to rebuild muscles due to physical activity. Generally, women can use the same protein powder that men use; however, there are protein powders geared toward women that add nutrients and target serving sizes to women.
Finding the right protein powder for you takes trial and error. Whey concentrate is a good place to start since it is cheap and easy to use. Some people experiences bloating on concentrate so if your body doesn’t agree with it, move on to another type of protein. We’ve compiled a list of best women’s protein powders to get you started.
Best Protein Powders for Women
- Garden of Life Organic Raw Fit– this is a plant-based protein that is all organic. It targets women trying to lose weight and stay full longer.
- Fitmiss Delight Healthy Nutrition Shake – A whey protein with added fruits and vegetables to make it a complete meal. Low calorie and low carb protein option.
- Aria Women’s Wellness Protein – A blend of soy and whey protein with stevia for added sweetness. Includes added nutrients and fiber.
- Gym Vixen Sexy Whey – 100% whey protein isolate making it a more expensive but better quality protein. There is no sugar but it is flavored with cocoa powder and sucralose to give it a chocolaty taste.
- ProMix Grass-Fed Whey Protein – This is an unflavored, strictly whey concentrate powder. It is the most widely used protein due to affordability and effectiveness.